WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps on both iOS and Android devices. It has over 1.2 billion monthly active users as of May 2018. You can use the app to send texts, images, video messages, and even make phone calls. However, sometimes you want to save a particular phone number on your mobile phone so you can chat or call them at any time without having to remember their number.
In this article, we will show you how to save a phone number on WhatsApp and then send a WhatsApp message to that number without saving it. Keep in mind that you can only save one phone number at a time and you cannot send WhatsApp messages to multiple saved numbers at the same time. Read below to learn more!
How to send a WhatsApp message without saving a number?
To send a WhatsApp message to a phone number that is not saved in your phone’s address book, you can use the following steps:
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Tap the “New chat” icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap the “New contact” icon at the top right of the screen.
- Enter the phone number to which you want to send the message in the “Phone number” field.
- Tap “Create” at the top right of the screen.
- Type your message in the chat box and tap “Send.”
Note: The phone number you enter must be in the correct international format. For example, if you are sending a message to a phone number in the United States, you should enter the number in the format +1 (area code) (local number).
Alternatively, you can use the “Click to Chat” feature offered by WhatsApp to send a message to a phone number without saving it to your contact list.
Send Messages Over WhatsApp Group Chat Without Adding Contacts
To send a message to a group chat on WhatsApp without adding the recipient as a contact, you can use the “Invite to Group via Link” feature. Here’s how:
- Open the group chat in WhatsApp and tap on the group name at the top of the screen.
- In the group info screen, tap on the “Invite to Group via Link” option.
- A link will be generated that you can share with the recipient.
- The recipient can then click on the link to join the group chat and receive your message.
Keep in mind that the recipient will need to have WhatsApp installed on their device to join the group chat using the link. Additionally, the link will only work for a limited time, after which it will expire and a new link will need to be generated.
It’s also worth noting that anyone who has the link will be able to join the group, so it’s important to only share the link with people you trust.
Siri Shortcut allows you to send WhatsApp messages without storing your phone number (iPhone Only)
To send a WhatsApp message without saving the recipient’s phone number in your contacts, you can use Siri Shortcuts on an iPhone. Here’s how:
- Open the “Siri Shortcuts” app on your iPhone.
- Tap the “+” button to create a new shortcut.
- Tap “Add Action” and search for “Send Message” in the actions list.
- Select the “Send Message” action and tap “Next”.
- Tap “Service” and choose “WhatsApp” from the list of options.
- In the “To” field, enter the phone number of the recipient, using the format “whatsapp:+1234567890”.
- Enter the message you want to send in the “Message” field.
- Tap “Next” and give your shortcut a name.
- Tap “Done” to finish creating the shortcut.
- To use the shortcut, just invoke Siri and say the name of the shortcut, followed by the message you want to send.
- For example, you could say “Hey Siri, send a WhatsApp message using my shortcut” and then specify the message when prompted.
- Siri will then send the message via WhatsApp to the phone number you specified in the shortcut.
Keep in mind that this method will only work if you have the WhatsApp app installed on your iPhone and you are signed in with an active account.
When is it appropriate to use WhatsApp without keeping a phone number?
There are several situations in which it might make sense to use WhatsApp without saving a contact’s phone number:
- One-time communication: If you need to send a message or make a call to someone just once, you may not want to save their number in your phone’s contact list. In this case, you can use WhatsApp to communicate with them without saving their number.
- Privacy concerns: If you are concerned about your privacy, you may not want to save someone’s phone number in your contact list. In this case, you can use WhatsApp to communicate with them without saving their number.
- Temporary communication: If you are only going to be communicating with someone for a short period of time, you may not want to save their number in your contact list. In this case, you can use WhatsApp to communicate with them without saving their number.
- Avoiding spam calls: If you are worried about receiving spam calls or texts from a particular phone number, you may not want to save it in your contact list. In this case, you can use WhatsApp to communicate with the person without saving their number.
Overall, using WhatsApp without saving a contact’s phone number can be a useful option in certain situations where you need to communicate with someone but do not want to save their number in your contact list.
To text someone on WhatsApp, you need to generally first store their contact number on your device. This is a lengthy process and results in the acquisition of contacts who you will only need to SMS once or twice. Hopefully, the above-mentioned ways have helped you in sending someone a WhatsApp message without saving their contact number. If you’ve any further queries, kindly let me know in the comment section below.